There are 3 options for this individual:
1. Submit a separate application (although work experience is usually very low at that point of life)
2. File request for study permit, study in Canada as Temporary resident and then submit application for Permanent Residency through the PGWP program (‘Post Graduate Work Permit’ program) and the CEC program (Canadian Experience Class)
3. Wait for parents application to be approved and then file an application for the family visa (which units the family as long as they are Permanent Residents).